The truth is, I’m too lazy to put make-up on everyday. But on the days I do, I always feel more confident and my mood is definitely uplifted. So I try to do my face everyday, even if it’s just a no-make-up look, paired with a bright lip.
1) Majolica Majorca Skin Remake Pore Cover in B010 (foundation), applied with a kabuki brush. I haven’t tried a foundation that offers this kind of coverage without either caking or leaving you uncomfortable because of the massive amount of product.
2) Depending on how dark my eye bags are for the day:
- NYX Above and Beyond Full Coverage Concealer in CJ04 Beige used for days where I refuse to look like a zombie + for dark spots
- Everyday Minerals Concealer in Abbot’s Perk Me Up for light days.
3) Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler. I have straight lashes, so I always curl them to look awake. On my no make-up days, this and putting on mascara are the two steps I do not skip.
4) Majolica Majorca Lash Enamel Glamour Volume On Mascara (Waterproof). I have long but sparse lashes and this volumizing mascara is one of the best I’ve tried that does what it’s supposed to do. I have worn it swimming.
- NYX Butter Lipstic in Razzle Fiesta. GLIDES LIKE A DREAM AND STAYS ON FOR HOURS. I wear this when I’m in neutral colors, to add a pop of brightness to my look. Or just when I want to feel loud and pretty.
- Happy Skin Shut Up and Kiss Me Lippie in Just Married. A subtler pink shade for days where I’m already wearing bright colors.
- EOS Lip Balm in Summer Fruit for those afternoons where the office’s cold AC has done its number on my poor lips.
6) Mary Kay Mineral Eye color in Cinnabar (bottom right) to color and fill in my eyebrows. The photo also shows my two eye shadow faves, Honey Spice (top right) and Amber Blaze (middle). The other two colors are from their Ocean Breeze Weekender collection, if I remember correctly.
7) If I’m feeling extra energetic, I’ll dab on some blush (Mary Kay Blush in Coral Sunrise) or contour (Mary Kay Blush in Golden Copper) using the kabuki brush. I don’t do both since I just want minimal, if any, make-up at the office. Usually I’m too lazy, though.
And that’s it! These babies fit in a small kit and is stored inside my bag for everyday use. I used to bring around my whole Mary Kay brush set, but it would occupy so much space and make my bag heavier than it needed to be, so I opted to change cases and pick brushes that are easy to use for different types of product.