Innovation seems like a popular theme. Last month, Innovate was the theme of my workplace, with two days full of conferences and talks from industry professionals that you could attend, 3D printers, mock-up models of cities, standees and info of inventions, and more.
This September, Beauty Innovation takes center stage for the BDJ Box. It’s filled to the brim with relaunched products from known brands in the country.
I just love that moment where you hold the sticker and slowly peel it away to reveal the surprise inside.
Here’s what greeted me upon opening the box:
So much stuff!! *__* Once I dove through the box, I found a lot of things that I’d be able to use or wanted to try. But first, here’s a shot of all the products, unboxed:
The September BDJ Box contains:
- Godiva Lico White Whitening Facial Wash, 4 sachets at 6ml each, roughly P40
- Godiva LicoWhite Whitening Toner, 60ml for P60
- 2 jars of Pond’s Dewy Rose Gel, 10g for P150 (P300)
- 2 tubes of Cream Silk Daily Treatment Conditioner, 180ml for P134 (P268)
- 2 packs of Dove Intense Repair Daily Hair Vitamin, 6ml x 6 capsules, P75 (P150)
- Jergen’s Ultra Healing Lotion, 100ml for P88
- Jergen’s Daily Moisture, 200ml for P153
- Beach Hut Clear Spray, 180ml for P390
- Fanny Serrano Single Eye Shadow, 4g for P150
- Fanny Serrano Gel Liner, 5ml for P299
- PAC Make Over Voucher, P1500
SEPTEMBER BDJ SRP TOTAL: P3,398
Items I Can’t Wait To Try:
- Fanny Serrano Gel Liner – I’ve been wanting a gel liner for ages, but couldn’t decide what to buy. So I put it off until I decided, hey why not get a BDJ Box subscription? I might get one there. If not, then I’ll just get one after my subscription expires. So I took a chance on that and subscribed last July. It hasn’t been easy. My subscription also comes with an agreement-with myself-that I wouldn’t buy any beauty products until my subscription expires. A couple of weeks ago, I almost bought a gel liner at PURE BEAUTY, while a friend was shopping inside the store. Good thing I didn’t!! 😀 I’d have wasted money again if I did, haha. At the time of this entry, I’ve already tried the liner. I’ll post a review once I’ve worn it a few times.
- Jergen’s Ultra Healing Lotion – I actually tried this the same night I got my box. I have a small patch of skin on my shoulder that might be from an allergy of some sort – anyway, due to people pointing it out (it never bothered me, aside from the times it’d itch when exposed to direct sunlight), I need it to heal up. So I’m trying this out to see if it’d lessen the redness.
Items I Will Definitely Be Able To Use
- Cream Silk Daily Treatment Conditioner – I’m a bit baffled that I got the Hair Fall treatment, since I did specify on their quiz that I have red hair / I dye my hair. The logical item/s to give me would be the Straight Conditioner (which I did receive) and the one for Damaged Hair. But anyway, I’m glad I got these two mostly for my red hair upkeep — I’ve got two tubes of conditioner to use to mix hair dye in! I’m all set until December because of this, haha.
- Dove Intense Repair Daily Hair Vitamin – Saving this for next year, when I’ll remove the red from my hair. The vitamin treatment will help bleach the color out.
- Beach Hut Clear Spray – This is actually the sunscreen that I’ve been using since sophomore year in university (hello summer classes!), so seeing this in the box was a nice surprise. It was chosen for it’s innovative spray, instead of the sticky lotion that most sunscreens come in. I only wish we’d been given a higher SPF, since Beach Hut has more innovative lines — clear spray of SPF75++ or a light lotion with SPF 100++.
Item/s I Am Excited About But Have No Idea If I’ll Be Able To Use
- PAC Make Over Voucher – It’s not like I actually go anywhere, haha. There’s no expiry date on the voucher so I hope it lasts until December or so.
Item/s I’m Not Sure About
* Note: This has nothing to do with the box quality or selection whatsover, just my own personal feelings about these products. While I know the team at BDJ does their best to match the items to the profiles, this is still a mass-produced box, and we can’t expect every single subscriber to be able to use or to love every single product. 🙂
- The Godiva Products – While I love that they’re paraben free, I’m not fond of whitening products. I like my skin color just the way it is.
- Pond’s Dewy Rose Gel – Also a whitening product.
- Jergen’s Daily Moisture – Honestly, I am really not a lotion type of girl. I’m too lazy.
- Fanny Serrano Single Eye Shadow – I’m over my eyeshadow phase – and I’m happy with my Urban Decay Naked 3 palette, NYX 100 colors palette, and selected Mary Kay eye colors.
All-in-all, I love this month’s box! It’s very practical, so I’ll be able to use most of the products. ALSO GEL LINER YEAAAA