WHERE TO GET THE CHEAPEST CRAFT SUPPLIES IN MANILA
The quickest answer to that question is Divisoria and/or Quiapo. But there are specific items (chalkboard paint, magnet blanks, rub-on stickers to name a few) that you won’t be able to find in the pasilyos of 168 or Tabora Street. With a limited selection of available craft items in the Philippines, us casual crafters will all run into items that are a bit out of our allotted craft budget. And the mark-up for products actually available is with good reason – these companies / individuals need to import items and make sure they get sold in order to turn a profit and continue selling.
This post aims to point you in the general direction of where you can get the most value for your money, especially for specific items. Some sections will be more detailed than others, since this post mostly has items I look for/use.
3D CARDBOARD LETTERS
• Tabora Street, near PNB ATM – P25, P50, P75, P100, depending on size and quantity. The item in the photo above was bought in Tabora, for P25.
• Hey Kessy – P75 for a letter or symbol of the same size as the one in the photo above.
• DIY Alternative: Make your own from a cardboard box. Google / Pinterest for instructions.
Typo – P149, P399 to P999, depending on design and size. They have miniature and large letters, words, symbols, and words.
Bee Happy – P100 and above
• Bee Happy – Paint, spray paint, and vinyl sheets are available.
• Hey Kessy
• Typo – They have neon acrylic paint variants, as shown in the photo above.
• Hey Kessy – P20 – P50, made of cheaper material. There are pink ones here.
• The Landmark
• Gourdos – Around P180+ for a pack of 20, 3.5 inches.
WHO DO I HAVE TO KILL TO GET THESE? They used to be everywhere in the 90s. I love the simple black letter transfers. I’ve only seen them once in National Bookstore this year (NBS Cubao).
Update 07/20: You can also check out National Bookstore Glorietta and National Bookstore SM Light for letter transfers. 😀
• All P77 Store, Cebu (near Rico’s lechon) – P77 for a box of 10
• Bee Happy – P15 for 10 pcs of 15mm x 3mm; P10 for 10 pcs of 10mm x 3mm
• Fisher Mall – From P88 and up for various colors, covers, havdles, and quality.
• Robinsons – P149 medium with handle & chalkboard center (upper right in photo), P100 medium with handle (middle left), P89 tall, without handle (upper left)
•True Value – P450 for 12pcs (SALE PRICE)
• Tabora Street – From P15 to P100, different sizes, usually without handles and/or lids.
• Deovir – Almost all types of Mod Podge are available here at different sizes. For comparison, their 8.oz bottles are P259- P366 depending on the type. Choose from Classic in Matte Finish, Classic in Glossy Finish ,Fabric, Hard Coat, Outdoor, Shimmer, Sparkle, Clear Acrylic Sealer in Matte, Clear Acrylic Sealer in Glossy, Dimensional Magic. See list and prices here.
• Hey Kessy – P300 / 8.oz bottle. Choose from Classic in Matte Finish, Classic in Glossy Finish, Fabric, Outdoor or Sparkle only.
• Divisoria – 168 mall, top floor
• Hey Kessy – depends on price, quantity, and design; P100 for 25pcs (floral), 130 for 50pcs (choose from: hearts, polka dots, stripes, stars), P260 for 100 pcs (choose from: hearts, polka dots, stripes, stars)
• Gourdos – Around P180 above for 25pcs
• Typo – P399 for 25ps
RUB-ON STICKERS / TRANSFERS
• Bee Happy – around P10-20 for a pack of 4, depending on the design. They’re on clearance sale right now; the usual price is P35-45.
• National Bookstore – P35-P100 for 1 colored piece, including popsicle stick, at the Scrapbooking section
• Divisoria – P10-P50, Cosmetic sponge
• National Book Store – Sponge with handle
• Saizen – P88, Cosmetic sponge pack (around 15pcs), various shapes
• Divisoria – P180-200 for sets in wooden cases. I got this number, days of the week, doodle stamps in wooden case set for only P100, since it was the last stock they had in that stall ^_^
• National Bookstore – P178 for regular A-Z set with inkpad in plastic case* (left photo); P275 for jumbo A-Z set with inkpad and acrylic case (right photo). For comparison, the left photo has the regular set in the top + middle and the jumbo set at the bottom.
*Read on for a similar set below with P100 difference
• Office Warehouse – P25.50 to P106.50, depending on size. The ends of each letter/number/symbol have locks, so it’s easy to align words.
• Typo – P799, numbers and letters set, wooden box case.
WASHI TAPE *NEW*
Everyone’s favorite, the holy grail, etc etc. I wasn’t going to include Washi Tape in this post, but since I found an online seller that sells them for affordable prices, I decided to share 🙂
• Divisoria – P45 to P60 for a single roll at 168. You’ll really have to hunt for them though; P60 Slim Washi tapes (set of 10). Prices can still be lowered through haggling + bulk buy.
• Hey Kessy – Since this store started with selling Washi Tape, it makes perfect sense that they’re practically the land of Washi Tape locally. They have the most designs available from P75 to P600, including unique Filipino-made designs.
• Hobby Depot P55 to P325, depending on size, type, and quantity (they have packs of 3-5 and thick tapes). Watch out for their sales, definitely worth a buy! The shipping is a bit pricey though at P70 for Metro Manila, so best to buy on a sale and grab a lot to make it worth it.
• The Landmark –They used to have Washi tape for P35, but I think management wised up. They’re now P55 and up, if you manage to still find any in stock.
• Washi&Co – P65 to P130. Hands down, the best and prettiest Washi tape selection I’ve seen. The only drawback is they have very few designs and sell in limited quantities.
• Wellmanson’s, Quiapo – P40 and up (1 roll)
• Whimsical World PH – Limited designs, but super affordable if you don’t have time/patience to go to Quiapo or Divi. P55, Washi Tape (1 roll), P75 Slim Washi tapes (set of 10 rolls), P75 Mini Washi tapes (set of 5 rolls)
WOODEN CLOTHESPINS / PEGS (Plain)
• Bee Happy – P10 for 30pcs, P250 for 100pcs
• Divisoria –P100 for 80 pcs (4 packs of 20); P30-35 for 20 pcs f OK quality.
• Typo – P399 for 60pcs
WOODEN CLOTHESPINS / PEGS (Designed)
– Mini-clothespins – P30-P35 for 20pcs; P100 for 80 pcs (4 packs of 20)
– Box of mini-clothespins, various designs – P80 for 40-50pcs. OK quality.
• Landmark – Mini-clothespins, 10pcs for P35-P50
• Eazyfashion – Large chalkboard clothespins, P75 for 4pcs (retail); P55 for 4pcs (wholesale)
• EGG / Simple Joys – Large chalkboard clothespins, around P80-100 for 2pcs
• Typo – Large, Chalkboard Clothespins, 5 pcs for P399
• National Bookstore Warehouse Sale – Extremely limited designs and honestly, not all that pretty.
• Hardware Store/s
• Typo – Gorgeous ones for P999. Worth it.
WRAPPING PAPER BOOK
• Divisoria – P80 – P120, depending on if you’re buying wholesale or retail and how thick the book is (thin [16 pages] or thick [24 and 36 pages]).
• Shangri-la – P360
• Wellmanson’s – P80 – P150, depending on size and number of pages.
NOTE: Before I proceed to the directory, full disclosure: I have experienced multiple problems with Bee Happy including receiving the wrong items (wrong item and wrong color), receiving incomplete items, and Bee Happy confirming my order, getting my payment, then telling me their item is out-of-stock (although it’s in stock on their site). I shop there because of the variety of items and cheap price; you definitely get what you pay for. Shop at your own risk.
• Bee Happy
– Tabora Street
• Deovir (SM North Edsa, Manila) | Online Shop
• EGG / Simple Joys / Regalong Pambahay
• Hobby Depot
• The Landmark (Glorietta, TriNoma)
• National Bookstore
– Villalobos Street
• Sunday Paper
• Whimsical World PH
I am not affiliated with any of these stores. I will not be able to answer questions regarding stock quantity or availability; kindly inquire at the website or stores directly.