Here’s my long overdue review of the Missha Perfect Cover B.B. Cream in No. 23. I did a lot of research before I bought this B.B. cream – in the end, I had narrowed my choices down to Skin79 Super Plus BB Cream VIP Gold and this, but since this had slightly more favorable reviews from bloggers, I chose this one. (The fact that Key uses it had no weight when I was considering my options. Nope.)
Originally developed as a salve for patients after laser treatment, BB Cream’s soothing and regenerative properties were adapted for cosmetics to improve skin while providing coverage. The M Perfect Cover BB Cream is Missha’s most popular product with over 30 million sold worldwide. Combining cosmetics with skin care, this product promotes natural-looking coverage while providing sun protection, treating dark spots, and preventing wrinkles.
The M Perfect Cover BB Cream is suitable for all skin types and can be used as a makeup base or foundation. – Missha Website
My choice can be narrowed down by these few factors:
• I wanted a Korean brand BB cream.
• I wanted the dewy finish look.
• I wanted as much of the ‘whole’ package as I could get — high SPF, coverage, moisturizing benefits, and so on — for a couple of reasons. I’ve mentioned before that I love sleeping in, so the less time I have to spend putting on make-up in the morning, the better. The other is simply that I like getting as much benefits as possible with a set amount (basically, more bang for my buck).
Missha Perfect Cover B.B. Cream is one of Missha’s best selling products. Among its product claims are:
• Excellent Coverage
• UV Protection
• Dark Spot Correction
It comes in 5 different shades (No. 13 Milky Beige, No. 21 Light Beige, No. 23 Natural Beige, No. 25 Honey Beige, No. 27 Golden Beige) although they’re all supposed to adjust to your skin tone. The BB Cream is good for up ’til 12 months after opening.
Insider tip aka What inmidnights Learned Working in Marketing for Beauty and then Fashion Retail: Beauty products are actually good for 2-3 months past the ‘expiration’ date stamped on the product, depending on your company’s SOP. Of course, exercise caution. If it smells funky or the consistency is different, don’t risk using it and damaging your skin.
The ingredient list is printed in English, on the side of the box. A 50 ml tube costs 15,800 Korean won which is roughly 660.40 in Philippine peso. And yes, it’s triple the price for that size if you buy it locally in Missha outlets (SM Cyberzone) or in their stalls (Landmark, Trinoma & Glorietta).
This product is not paraben free.
This packaging is usually hailed by beauty bloggers as “hygienic”. While it’s definitely more hygienic than liquid/mousse in a pot (where you have to dip your finger / brush / etc inside), I don’t see much of a difference for hygiene purposes between a tube and a tube pump packaging. You’re still going to touch the tip in both. Granted, the tube pump is less messy since the product doesn’t run on it’s own when turned upside down. But in the end, you’ll still need to use clean fingers / hands / brush to use the product.
tl;dr it’s less about the packaging and more about your personal hygiene habits.
I love the pump because it’s easier to measure the amount of product. One pump is enough to cover my whole face, covering my pores and giving a soft, dewy look. A second pump effectively covers dark spots, eyebags, and matches my face color to my neck.
1st Photo: 1 pump
2nd Photo: Blending
3rd Photo: Blended. As you can see, it gives off a strong dewy finish.
4th Photo: 10 minutes after application. The product adapted to my skin tone, with the dewy shine reduced to a natural, dewy glow.
So going back to Missha’s product claims:
• Excellent Coverage – Yes. 1 pump is enough to cover my whole face, while 2 pumps ensure coverage for darker areas (dark spots, scars, eyebags)
• UV Protection – Yes
• Lightweight – Relatively lightweight, compared to non-Korean BB creams and foundations.
• Dark Spot Correction – Haven’t seen any long term effects, but they definitely cover dark spots.
• Anti-Aging – I’ve yet to see the effects. :X
And some miscellaneous comments:
• It has a mild flowery scent. Not that bad, but a little distracting.
• Sadly, this made me break out. I always get a pimple after I use this, although since I like the effect so much, I suffered through 6 pimple cycles to get my skin used to it. I don’t break out now but I’m left with dark spots. BUT SINCE IT COVERS DARK SPOTS ANYWAY /and so the cycle begins/
WILL I REPURCHASE: I think the bottle will last me for a good long while, so probably not. I still want to try Skin79 and a 3CE product I recently purchased. Yay for Korea-traveling friends!
OVERALL RATING: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥